Monday, September 24, 2012

Back to the Then and Now Sunday 5 August 2007 and 2012

It's time to go back to the Then and Now part of the blog. I was thrilled to find out I have been shortlisted for the Blog Awards Ireland but it's time to get back to the story. Note: To get the best out of this story, you need to read the blog from the start, i.e 4 July 2007 and 4 July 2012.

Sunday 5 August 2007 = THEN 

I woke just before 9am. Cathal came in and was snuggling. We had planned an outing but the weather was too bad. Emma was in and out all day in the rain and of course Cathal wanted to do the same. He is very clingy at the moment, which is to be expected and sure all I can do is sit around anyway so that suits him. My legs feel like two lumps of lead. I have no energy. Cathal wants to be lifted but I can’t. I know I will get stronger with time but it is so slow.

Sunday 5 August 2012 = NOW

It's the first Sunday I don't have a show since last Summer. I have taken a break from my Sunday morning radio show for the month of August. I have always wanted to do radio and it took me getting cancer to have the courage to pursue it and I have not looked back since. I love doing the show. You can catch me at 8am on a Sunday morning on Kildare's KFM [but not during the month of August].

It is hard to believe that I was as weak as that. When I read back the 2007 part and see that I could not lift Cathal and he was only 2. Now he is almost 8 and he regularly hurls himself at me and expects me to catch him.

We are planning his birthday present for 19 August when he turns 8. A proper bike for him. I hope he likes it.

We are heading away next weekend to Cobh and a farm in the middle of nowhere. Should be fun.

Great to be happy and healthy.

B

xx

1 comment: