Monday, September 24, 2012

Tuesday 7 August 2007 and Tuesday 7 August 2012 THEN AND NOW


Tuesday 7 August 2007 = THEN 

A normal work day for people but not for me. Cathal went off to his minder and Emma did not stir until nearly 11am. She came into me in the bed and we watched Cribs.

More post arrived and there was a very funny photo collage from work which really lifted my spirits. People have been amazing with cards, calls, texts, flowers and all sorts of relics and prayers. 


I have had Mass said for me in Lourdes, Scotland, England, America, Fatima, the Holy Land, Rome and all over the country. I have two drawers now full of cards and letters. The support is incredible from work colleagues and my bosses. Amazing. I could not get through this without my faith. 

I am still home alone during the day and I am struggling.

My wonderful Mum in law is coming up to save the day. She was not happy about me being on my own. She will stay for a week or so and that should help me to get stronger and maybe I will be able to try eating again.

Neighbours and Emma’s friends are being fantastic. Offers of shopping and taking the kids. Emma has been taken off for a picnic in the Japanese Garden’s so I will be able to rest for the early part of the afternoon.

Tuesday 7 August 2012 = NOW

It was very hard to be home alone with small kids. We were trying to keep things as normal as possible and to make sure that work was attended to. It was not easy. 

I could not look at raw meat let alone cook anything as my stomach was constantly at tipping point. I was surviving back then on an apple yoghurt a day and some days I was not even finishing one small single pot. It was horrendous and I was so worried that I would be readmitted to hospital when the dieticians saw me. 

I was losing weight as I did not have the support of the tube feeding.

Now I am back to full health and a sensible weight rather than under 9 stone. 

When I look back at the pics of then and now, I look like a droid from Star Wars or someone who has been kept under forced starvation. I hated being that thin and wasted looking. I missed my curves. 

My curves are back. Just in case you were wondering.

Some then and now pics coming soon.

B
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment