Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Friday 27 July 2007 and Friday 27 July 2012

Friday 27 July 2007 = THEN

Conor [my brother] and my Dad arrived to see me today. My Dad doesn’t do hospitals so this is his first visit to me in hospital. I think he got a shock when he saw me. In fact, I know he got a shock when he saw me. Bald, bruised and a shadow of the person I was when he last saw me. He said I looked like Sinead O’Connor.

We talked about Belturbet where I come from and he was telling me about all the people who were asking for me and wishing me well.

They stayed for hours which was great as we caught up on all sorts and it felt good.

I asked Bryan to take a break from visiting me. I felt very tired. Visitors are so welcome but I just get so tired. I felt a bit of nausea so they gave me something which did the trick.

A day of chat which kept my mind off things. Was good.


Friday 27 July 2012 = NOW

Today is the last Friday before my holidays. I am taking three weeks off in August. Woo Hoo!

I also take a break from doing my radio show which I present each Sunday morning on KFM in Co Kildare.

I have always wanted to do radio and going through cancer just gives you the courage to say yes to things, that maybe you would have been nervous about before. That is certainly the case with me. I have done so many things since my recovery from cancer. It's not a bucket list as I do not intend to kick the bucket any time soon.

Cancer gave me the courage to say yes to all sorts and I have had so much fun for the past five years.

I hope to continue to say yes to new challenges for many years to come.

B xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment