Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sunday 29 July 2007 and Sunday 29 July 2012


Sunday 29 July 2007 = THEN

I spoke to Cathal on the phone this morning. He sounds so grown up. I am desperate to see him. I doubt I will get out today for a few hours. I just want to hug him and to kiss him and to feel his warm little wriggly body in my arms.

It has been so tough for him. Bryan took a pic of me on his mobile and he showed it to Cathal and Cathal said ‘ make her talk to me’. It’s heart wrenching really when he asks me ‘Do you not want to come home to me Mammy?

Bryan and Emma came up to see me. Emma looks so beautiful and I am just so frustrated at not being able to spend her summer holidays with her. She is an amazing girl - Cathal and her are the two greatest achievements of my life.

Sunday 29 July 2012 = NOW

Amazing day today. Mass in St Colman's Cathedral in Cobh, Co Cork first thing and then a walk home.

We decided to take a trip around the harbour in Cobh and to follow the Titanic tour.

Neither of the kids had ever been on a boat like that before so it was a big deal for them. We have been to Cobh so many times but we just never got around to doing the harbour tour.

We were blessed with the weather - the sun came out and the clouds moved off to reveal a beautiful blue sky.

I took some great photos - have a look at them  at the Facebook link below:
This is me channeling my inner Kate Winslet in Titanic as we steam away from Cobh......
Great day.
B xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment