Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Friday 3 August 2007 and Friday 3 August 2012

Friday 3 August 2007 = THEN 


Woke up this morning to squeals from the kids……the younger ones that is. It was great to wake up my own bed. Was pukey first thing and I guess this is what it is going to be like for a while. I am very shaky. 


I still can't eat. Today's breakfast was a tea spoonful of apple yoghurt, the same for lunch and the same for dinner. It is really horrible not to be able to eat and the longer I leave it, the harder it is. I have not had a proper solid meal now since 3 July - a whole month!

I promised Emma we would try and get her the Pokemon game. Got Dots to take us over as I am very shaky and not able to drive just yet.

Cathal went to his minder for a few hours – that is his routine and I am not able to mind him for a full day just yet. I can’t lift him yet as I am very weak. 

I can’t walk up the stairs without help.

I am so full of ideas and things I want to do that I have not been able to do for the past month, but I am not up to it. It’s terrible to want to do so much but to be so weak…..

In the middle of the day I was standing at the back door and a wave of nausea hit me and I was violently sick outside on the grass. When I turned around they were all looking at me. I am so used to vomiting now that I don’t even think about any fuss. It’s still not pleasant to have to vomit but it’s just happening so much, I just go with the flow - literally.

Cathal came home in the afternoon and I put my feet up on the couch and played with Cathal and chatted to the family.

It was a quiet day and evening but that is just what the doctor ordered – literally!!!!


Above is a photo of me taken on Friday 3 August 2007, my first day at home, waking up in my own bed.

B
x

Friday 3 August 2012 = NOW

It's emotional reading back on my first day home from hospital. I expect it might be difficult too for people going through a transplant to read about how slow the recovery is. It is slow, but once the recovery starts, it really does happen in huge leaps and bounds.

Look at me five year's later, out and about with my kids and hubby and really living life to the full and enjoying it. 

I am on holidays at the moment and we are just enjoying not having to get up for work and school, as well as lazy mornings and afternoons. 

Loads to do, so off I go.

B
xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment