Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Saturday 28 July 2007 and Saturday 28 July 2012


Saturday 28 July 2007 = THEN

BREAKFAST REQUESTED BY ME FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!!!!

I was awake very early this morning and I asked for breakfast for the first time since being admitted on the 4 July. The catering staff were stunned as I had all trays banned from the room for almost a month now.

I had some rice crispies and some  orange juice. The juice tasted like heaven. It was the nicest glass of juice I have ever had. It stayed down all day.

My stomach is very swollen, it looks almost distended.It is very strange to be able to think about food again without retching.

Bryan came up and he thought that I looked so much better. I am improving slowly each day.

I didn’t get  home today for a few hours as I developed a temperature so they held onto me. I was disappointed at not being able to see Cathal. I haven’t seen him for weeks and I miss him. I feel very jealous of the people who are getting to spend time with him!

I got sick again this evening- came on very suddenly. It’s deflating when it happens. Just when I think I am past it, it happens again. It was probably the orange juice which is way too harsh for my tummy. I should have known better.

[For those just tuning in - this is a then and now blog about my stem cell transplant in July 2007 to treat myeloma and a catch up with what I am up to five year's later in July 2012].

Saturday 28 July 2012 = NOW

Road trip today down to see the inlaws. We were also trying out the new car. Just an overnight so one bag each was the limit for all passengers and it worked.

Al was going well and then BANG - a blow-out of a brand new tyre on the motorway. Very scary. Put the heart crossways in me. We wer very lucky that we were able to control the car. Hubby was the hero of the hour.

We made it safely to Cork after changing the tyre at the side of the motorway.

All was well.

God is good

B xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment