Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 1: Wednesday 4 July 2007 – Independence Day


I woke up with a splitting headache. Today is D day for me – again! I had chores to do so Emma (my daughter) and I headed out early and did what we had to. Bryan (my husband) had taken the day off work so as he could bring me in to the hospital. Cathal was gone for his middle of the day sleep when we were leaving so I had said goodbye to him. My heart was breaking as I kissed his sleepy head as I know it will be weeks before I see him again. I looked back at Emma and my Mum and they looked lonesome. It must have been very hard for my Mum to keep it together. She was seeing me off, not knowing what was going to happen.

We made it to the hospital and they saw us in the haematology day ward. They did all sorts of checks and cleaned my central line in my chest. I was brought up to my isolation room where I will be spending the next couple of weeks at least – room 33 in Maguire Ward. The ward is so familiar to me.

I’m worried about the transplant. I’m worried about being away from the kids for so long. I know I will miss them horribly. Please God it will go well. Please God the time will pass quickly.

Ends 

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Woke up early enough - popped a head into the kids' rooms to check them before leaving for work. They are at home with their Dad today.

Was lovely to be out and about in the intermittent sunshine. Listened to Jackson Browne on the way to work - Sky Blue and Black is one of my all-time favourite songs.

Busy day at work. Good day.

I am putting final plans in place for my trip to Germany next week for work. I am off to Cologne. I have never been before so hopefully I get to see some of the sights.

I am planning my friend's birthday bowling for tomorrow night. Will be great to be out with the kids.

Tired now.

Really savouring the fact that I am here and well five year's later. Thank God. Health = only wealth anyone ever needs.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment