Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Diary of a Stem Cell Transplant


This day five year's ago - 4th July, Independence Day - I lost my freedom! I was admitted to hospital to an isolation room for the start of a stem cell transplant to try and treat Myeloma. 


Myeloma is a cancer of the plasma cells of the bone marrow for which there is currently no cure. It is treatable to an extent and my treatment was to do a stem cell transplant.


I kept a journal the whole time I was in for my transplant and this is it - unedited, unchanged and exactly as I wrote it. 


Just to show that it is possible to get through something like this and come out the other side -  I am also including a diary entry for each of the same days in here and now in July 2012. There is life after cancer!


Then = 2007
Now = 2012 


My name is Brenda Drumm, I am 42 and I am kicking cancer's butt for the past five years.



No comments:

Post a Comment