Sunday, July 8, 2012

Friday 6 July 2007 and 2012


Friday 6 July 2007 = Then 

Day two of the stem cell transplant process

Vomited at 2.30am
Vomited at 10.30am
Vomited at 12.45pm
Vomited at 6pm
Vomited at 8.30pm
Vomited at 10pm

My nurse Roisin arrived to give me my second and final dose of high dose chemotherapy. It was given to me around lunchtime again. I told her I had a very rough night and she arranged for me to have some strong anti-sickness medication.
It’s exhausting being sick so much. Any sip of fluid I take only stays down for a while. I have banned all food and dinner trays from the room (with the nurses’ permission). I am not in a good place right now. I have chronic diarrhoea now and just dread what else is on the way.

Ends

Friday 6 July 2012 = Now 

Day off today from work and it was hectic from start to finish. I had to meet the caretaker of the local COI Church to have a look over it to see if it will be suitable as our Culture Night venue. It's going to be perfect for it. It seats about 100 people and we can serve refreshments. 

Met the girls for coffee and then spent the afternoon running around with the kids to the library and the book store.

They came over to KFM with me to sort out my show for this week.

I had arranged a fitness test in the local gym so I went along and we went through all my details - medical history. There were a few raised eyebrows at times but they certified me fit to work out in the gym.

I have a lot of work to do. My bones are not as strong as they should me and I am worried about my back. The effects of Myeloma are always there hanging over me. I wish I was fit and did not have to put up with all the side effects. I am going to give the gym a go to see how I get on.

I have everything crossed.

Ends 

No comments:

Post a Comment