Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday 8 July 2007 and 2012 Then and Now



Sunday 8 July 2007 – Then

Today is day four of the stem-cell transplant process

Vomited at 8.30am
Diarrhoea at 6.45pm
Vomited and diarrhoea at 7.30pm

I continue to be nursed in isolation as my blood counts are on the floor – I can’t clot blood, I can’t fight infection and I have open sores all over the inside of my mouth.

Tomorrow is the day – transplant day. I don’t know what to think or feel. I am so weak from vomiting. I haven’t eaten since the 4th July – only four days but my energy is at zero, because of everything that is going on inside me.

I am on so many different things through my line – food or fluids, antibiotics, anti-sickness tablets, a bag of glucose, a bag of anti-fungal meds, more antibiotics, some bottles of fluid to give back to my system what I am losing through the chronic diarrhoea. I am on four different mouth washes which are just killing me as my mouth is raw and putrid! I can’t brush my teeth.

I have no energy to write anymore tonight.

Miss the kids. Miss my life.

Ends

Sunday 8 July 2012 = Now

I was I pain this morning when I woke up. It’s my back. I am clearly not able for the workout I did yesterday. I was very tender all day and I am sitting down now with a heat pack. The back and spine have to be watched carefully as one of the things that can happen with Myeloma is the spinal bones collapse and disintegrate.

I hope I will be better tomorrow and for now I will have to suspend some of the workout and stick to the pool.

It is so frustrating. One step forward and myeloma drags me back to square one. Feckin myeloma.

Despite the pain, I am glad to be here and to be out and about walking around.



No comments:

Post a Comment