Monday, July 23, 2012

Sunday 22 July 2007 and Sunday 22 July 2012


Sunday 22 July 2007 = THEN

I was awake very early this morning. I felt like having a glass of milk but I took two sips and wasn’t able to have anymore. 

I haven’t eaten a single bit of food since July 4. I can’t even imagine ever being able to eat again.

I am sore all over today – my arms, legs, back, chest and every muscle I have seems to be weighing me down. It must be because of the additional movement out of the bed that I had yesterday to the shop and back.

I am definitely feeling better though. 

Sara arrived again and she walked me down to the bathroom as I was given permission to be out of my room long enough to have a bath. The bath felt amazing. It was luxurious and delicious. The walk just a few yards though was very wearing and I needed to be helped the whole way there and back. Sara has been a saint - she is the greatest.

I had a list of questions for my doctor Larry and he went through everything with me. Wait for it - The GOING HOME words were mentioned for the first time today – wow. 

It must be in sight. Amazing feeling......

It was a good day today all in all. I was able to chew and then spit out some fruits pieces. I have also had my first 24 hours free of any vomiting which is amazing.

Sunday 22 July 2012 = NOW 

Up bright and early this morning for my radio show. Got a lot of reaction about the music - Attraversiamo from Eat, Pray, Love was one of the tracks. Attraversiamo means to cross over and I really have crossed over a huge milestone of five year's since my transplant. Five precious years.......

Reading back at the Then part is hard at times. I question myself 'was it really that bad?'. Yes it was! It was the worst. It was the most gruelling and challenging thing I have ever been through.......

B
x

No comments:

Post a Comment