Sunday, July 8, 2012

Saturday 7 July 2007 and 2012


Saturday 7 July 2007 = Then

Today is day three of the stem cell transplant process

Vomited at 3.15am
4.30am – woken for blood culture to rule out infection in my system
5.05 am – new antibiotics put up through my central line
5.15am – anti nausea pump inserted into stomach – I will have this long term.
Vomited at 9.45am
Vomited at 6.25pm
Vomited at 8.30pm

My best friend Sara came into see me today. She’s great. She stayed for three hours and we had a good natter and catch up. I was sick of course and she just let me do it and then helped me clean myself up. She brought me a lovely notebook and pen which is lovely.

I have become obsessed with fruit and fruits juices. It is the only type of food or drink that I can think about or look at without wanting to throw up. I have started to write poems about fruit. Then I saw a competition in a magazine to come up with a new flavour drink in the Club Source range. I have spent ages working fruits together in my head and eventually have come up with several different variations and names.

Ends

Saturday 7 July 2012 = Now

It’s very strange reading back over my diary from five years ago. I have come such a long way and yet it’s always there and will always be there hanging over me.

I went to the gym and did an hour-long workout and I survived it. I went for a half an hour swim afterwards. I feel okay – a bit sore. Hopefully I will feel ok tomorrow.

We decided a meal would be a nice way to celebrate so the four of us went out for thai food. It was yum. This time five years ago I could not even look at food. It’s great to be able to be able to face food again and to enjoy it.

Back feeling a bit sore just before bed. Fingers crossed.

Ends 

No comments:

Post a Comment