Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday 16 July 2007 and Monday 16 July 2012


Monday 16 July 2007 = THEN 
2 units of blood and 2 more lots of platelets

I am disappointed that I am still so sick and nausaeus all the time. It’s difficult. I didn’t sleep last night as my nose bleed all night. They tried ice and pinching it but it is a steady stream now all the time. I have destroyed my pajamas and the bed so many times I have lost count. I got very stressed this morning from no sleep and loss of blood and I could not breathe so I had to be put on oxygen through my nose. The little nose pieces keep filling up with blood - it is pretty awful. 

At lunchtime I was taken to see an ear, nose and throat person in the clininc. I am still neutropenic so I am still in isolation. I was rushed through the waiting area and into the clinic. I was protected behind a mask which filled with nose blood and there were quite a few people staring as I passed. I look hideous. 

There is nothing that can be done as I just have a general ooze from having a zero platelet count. Platelet transfusions should help. I was given a nasal spray which I tried and was rushed back to the room so as to avoid picking up any infection or being exposed any longer than I need to be. 

There is still no sign of my nose bleed to stop. It is a constant drip drip drip, like the ear nose and throat doctor said – it’s a general ooze. I have had more bood and platelets so hopefully things will kick in soon. My nose has been bleeding now since Friday. I have officially become a scene from a cancer movie! 

Monday 16 July 2012 = NOW

Busy day today back at work after my Germany trip. Lots to catch up on. 

I didn't think I would ever be back at work when I was going through my transplant back in 2007. I didn't think I would ever be able to do much again.

Thanks be to God though that so many people had faith in me, when I was too weak to have any faith in myself. I would need a whole blog roll to thank all the people who willed me to be well again.

You know who you all are.

THANK YOU

B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment