Monday, July 23, 2012

Saturday 21 July 2007 and Saturday 21 July 2012


Saturday 21 July 2007 = THEN

I am writing this in the early hours of the morning. Mam and Conor came in today. My mum in law went home to Cork. 

I am very lucky to have the Mum and the Mum in law that I have as they are keeping the show on the road for us at home. 

Conor has been a little treasure to me since I’ve been in here. He has come with drinks, he has come to talk and he has come just to sit with me when I have been unable to talk.

Bryan came up today again – he must be worn out with all the running around. We sat on the bed together and I just needed to be held. We sat for ages just holding on, not speaking. I think we are both too shocked and numb to talk.

HUGE NEWS: 
I managed to walk to the hospital shop with Bryan – it was a major achievement. I kept my sunglasses on as I didn't want to frighten small children. 

I got myself a can of Club Orange and I drank it all – it went down and it was like the nicest thing I have ever tasted in my whole life. Cold and sweet and refreshing and just manna!

About a half an hour later it all came back up, it was just too much for my stomach to take.

One step forward and two steps back.......so frustrating..........when will I be able to eat and drink normally again? I still haven't managed any food. The last bite to eat was on July 4th. 

Saturday 21 July 2012 = NOW

Busy day doing all the things I like. Good food cooked at home on the BBQ. Yes we had a BBQ. We seized the two to three hours of warmth and clear skies and stoked up the BBQ. There was a nice glass of fizz too....... 

B
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment