Monday, July 23, 2012

Tuesday 17 July 2007 and Tuesday 17 July 2012


Tuesday 17 July 2007 = THEN

Vomited at 8am
Vomited at 9.30am
Vomited at 12 noon
Vomited at 4.00pm

I decided today that I wanted some Club Source drink so I put out an SOS. My brother Conor has been acting as my drinks courier supplying me with what I need and crave. 

My sister has been my other supplier. I can’t swallow any of what they bring but I can swish it around inside my mouth for the taste and then I spit it out. 

Each day brings a new craving. So far I have been through: 7up, coke, dilutable orange and blackcurrant, ribena, club orange, lilt (but that was stinging my mouth), fanta, lucozade, capri-sun, giner ale etc

I am feeling a bit of despair as I thought I would be past the vomiting by now. My consultant and registrars Dr Sean and Dr Larry keep reassuring me that there is no date by which I should be doing this or that. I will come right in my own time. 

It’s difficult to keep going.

Somewhere I have lost a day as they put me on some very strong medicine and I have been floating around the room, hearing and seeing things and saying a lot of very silly things.......


It's scary what the chemo and medication are doing to me ......


Tuesday 17 July 2012 = NOW


So I was contacted by a lady in Caragh Parish and we have a plan for next year. We are putting together a choir called The Big C -hoir. The choir will be made up of amateur singers who have one thing in common - they have all survived with and/or are living with cancer. We are doing a special concert next year at the end of April in Caragh Church to raise money for cancer research.


There is currently no cure for my type of cancer - Myeloma. It would be amazing to get a cure for this and so many other cancers, so cancer research is where the money is going. 


We had our first meeting this week and it is very exciting to be picking the songs and putting the call out for singers. 


Hopefully we will have more news soon. 


B

No comments:

Post a Comment