Monday, July 23, 2012


Sunday 15 July 2007 = THEN 

I am sitting up in bed having just vomited and bled all over the place. 

My nose has been bleeding since yesterday and it just won’t stop. It’s a very constant drip drip drip and it’s wearing me out. 

I need platelets and a blood transfusion. My blood counts are zapped. 

Sara is on her way. She was early and brought me foot cream. She gave me a foot massage which literally sent me to sleep. 

Bryan arrived with my special order of dilutable drinks – ice cold from the freezer at home. I still can’t swallow but I take a sip and taste it and then I have to spit it out. My stomach hasn’t tolerated anything since 4 July – not even water now.

I got 2 units of blood and 2 lots of platelets.

Sunday 15 July 2012 = NOW

I did my show on KFM Radio this morning at 8am. I have always wanted to do a radio show and the funny thing is, surviving cancer has given me so much drive and courage to grasp the things I have always wanted to do. Do give a listen to me some Sunday on www.kfmradio.com - it's a religion, reflection and social issues show, but I am not preachy. I am chatty and ordinary and I think you will like the music. 

I have packed a lot into the last five years and I have enjoyed almost every minute [there have been a few setbacks], but it's all been pretty good.

B

x

No comments:

Post a Comment