Monday, July 23, 2012

Wednesday 18 July 2007 and Wednesday 18 July 2012


Wednesday 18 July 2007 = THEN 

I got 2 units of blood and 2 pools of platelets as counts still not good. 

My sister is coming out to me tonight with drinks. I now have a small fridge in my room to try and cool down my drinks. 

On the symptoms and physical reaction chart there is a new feature. Sometime over the past while my eyes have filled with blood – it’s called an optical haemmorage. It looks pretty awful but they are not painful. I have the look of a celebrity sitting up in bed with my dark glasses on, as though I am recovering from secret cosmetic surgery. 

I feel today that I am starting to do okay. 

The good news today is that my neutrophils are up (this means I am moving in the right direction and away from the need to be in isolation). 

My blood counts have started to recover – the stem cells are doing their job. I can have my window and doors open now for the first time since the start of the month, so it feels less like a prison. 

I have a slight temperature so a blood culture was taken to see what’s going on. It could be the line in my chest, but I can't lose that yet as it is doing so much work for me and there is so much medication and drugs going in through it. 

I put out an SOS for Club Source and I have had two deliveries from Nuala and Anne. They are marvellous and went out of their way to get it. It’s just doing the job. I still can’t swallow any of it but it tastes fantastic. I wish they sold it in the shop. I actually rang the company today to see if they stock it or would consider stocking it in the hospital shop. What am I like? The cravings are just terrible – fruits, fruits, fruit!!!

People are shocked by what they see when they come into the room. At the moment my visitors are restricted – just family and very close friends.

I know by looking at myself that I have a long road ahead of me. I hope I will take it in my stride. All I want to do is get outside and smell the air and feel the rain.

Did I mention that it has rained every day since I have been in here? Another great Irish Summer.

Wednesday 18 July 2012 = NOW

It's funny reading about the rain. It has rained pretty much every day this month in 2012. Another great Irish Summer indeed. It even rained when I was in Germany.

I had a day off today and we went looking at cars. I have spotted my next dream car - a VW cabriolet - fabulous and slightly edges the Beetle out of the way. 

B xx










No comments:

Post a Comment